Tuesday 15 May 2012

So you thought you had broken me?

So you thought you had broken me?
So you thought you had broken me?

Thought you had me beat?

Thought I would wither and fade?
Thought I would just die?

But
How wrong you were!!!
I have seen harder times
And returned unscathed
I have been beyond
And seen
The awesome power of my God
I will survive
Not because you wished me ill
Nor because mine was yours to take
But because I love you
I love you beyond all reasonable doubt
I find in every step you take a yearning to be free
To learn how I still smile
Despite my pains and my travails
Despite pangs of love unrequited
Yet I survive
I wield the power
I hold sway
Am restrained in the face of provocation
I am noble, of noble stock and heritage
this is no happenstance
there are no precursors!
I remain
I remain calm
Despite or inspite?
Without or within?
I remain
Stoical
Strong
Engaged
In the face of provocation
I tolerate, and I am tolerant
Am inspired, I don’t conspire
Or perspire
Am unbowed
But,.. what?
You thought you had me beat?
You thought you had broken me?
But you never considered for a moment,…
That I knew,….
I knew where I was coming from
I knew where I had been
And now I know where I belong

R’h2o – the essence of life, a gift returned, only one question can you submit? where is your faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment