Monday 15 October 2012

I once read that,...

I once read in a newspaper or was it on the news. There was a young African man who had dropped to earth from the sky. He wasn't looking to break the sound barrier like the individual in the news this week. Looking more into this in greater detail I discovered to my amazement that the unknown individual had attempted to flee his country for a better life by sneaking into the undercarriage of the airplane. 

At the time I heard this news I merely filed it away in my mental rolodex. Recently, it came to mind and I must confess recalling the issue, some reactions by the popular media was that he was a stupid man, lacking in education and any modicum of sense.


However, I see it differently. Can you imagine what the unsub would have been trying to leave behind in order to find a better life. For him to decide the only option was to latch himself to the undercarriage of an airplane.

 Can you imagine how he must have suffered in the elements as the reality and consequence of his action began to dawn on him. What horror! But you know, I see only bravery. Bravery is all I see.

 Consider for a moment that in the very countries he was desperate to reach, and the jobs he hoped to get and the many that may have depended upon him back in his home country. Those same opportunities which the youth of the countries in which the unsub was seeking refuge and hope. Those opportunities are sneered at, what with the get rich now culture and fast track to fame. Real jobs involving sweat and effort are looked upon with disdain in the hope of being discovered for having absolutely no talent. I despair, some of the youths of today are a generation who have not had the value of work ethics drilled into them. These are the youths on whom our future will depend!!!!
I would the unsub who fell to earth had by some miracle had survived his perilous travail. I will leave you to work out why.

Remember: runningwater is safe to drink, have you ever wondered why its called runningwater? It has a lot of people to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment