Thursday 14 January 2010

the other day


I remember stepping out of myself the other day. I remember admiring in awe at the tall dark somewhat quirky individual looking back. I remember feeling a tinge of sadness. Emotions so strong. Feelings of rage and unrequited love. I remember feeling enormous gratitude, enormous hope. Individually apart I stood, stood apart I was an individual. I remember reaching out at loves lost and aspirations expired.
Too quickly the flames of passions so strongly felt would extinguish, leaving feelings of anxiety. I remember the quick slow quick steps of ambitions drive. The flutter of evil intent when submissions of honesty to fore.
I remember the complicated art of leaving self exposed to ridicule by being so ridiculous. I remember dialogue of self, want and longing. Too soon oh too soon, fake hopes shines yet dims as I bought the untruth behind the reality of the flaw. I desired, yet felt no desire. I watched in amazement as justice threw down the challenge, the gauntlet. I scurried and unrelenting folded back the cover. I discovered that even though I was asleep I was always awake and as I awoke, I fell so soberly into sleeps welcoming and wanton hands. I remember stepping back into myself and feeling cheated at an adventure unfulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment