Wednesday 24 November 2010

Our Youths, The Social System, Police & Government


“How can you leave a young person outside the door in the rain, a prefect for that matter” These were the words of the aggressive policeman who enquired as to why I hadn’t opened the door for a sixteen year old. I took exception to his judgement although I understood them. He wasn’t aware of the history of the situation. This same child has been going missing on a regular basis and staying away from home since the age of 12 and was well known to the social services, the police, neighbors, locally and too many incidents than I care not to mention.
In the days when I was young my parents governed their domain and I was a respectful inhabitant of that world. I understood clearly my life depended on their maturity, good governance and my role thence was to obey their rules and regulations and stay within my boundaries. You have the right to be fed, clothed and housed subject to you bringing home good grades, obedience and respect for your elders and the community at large wherever you might find such.
I was sixteen once and although atimes I felt my parents weren’t always right and could prove it, I kept my all-knowing independent opinions, streak and rebellion to myself and only really exercised them on the field of battle such as the football or rugby field,.. These days the youth have the internet, you cannot even bluff your child anymore, because Mr Mcgoogle has an answer for that or there is an App for that! The youths spend their lives on facebook which has pretty much replaced parenting, outdoor sport and real face to face networking.
There is a divide so wide between the have-not youths, blacks and whites that it makes one laugh when there is this constant talk of a multi-racial Britain. The reality is that you scratch below the surface and the reality of daily living in the Great Britain of today is that we are pretty much a divided nation. Don’t believe me? Why not do for me a simple test: write down the name of 3 of your neighbours and their dog. You get a bonus visit to the marriage ceremony of next year for getting one right!
We are now in the age of fast gratification,.. the “wantitnow” generation. “what do you want to be when you grow up?”
Beyonce
Why?
Because she has a huge ass! (no disrespect meant Mrs JayZed )
These days there is no concept of planning. The old saying comes to mind: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. But I digress, the argument on which I wish to hang my hat is this: Why do the police, the social system, social workers, governments, tell our youths their RIGHTS but not their wrongs! Its as if grown-ups are afraid to say NO to our youths. But are we ready to suffer the consequences? The inability imposed on parents that doesn’t allow them to discipline their youth at home leads to back-chats, Iknowmyrightstantrums! and disrespectful un-emboundered youths. This in turn leads to youths not properly trained at home, without boundaries and the concept of fear. Fear did I hear you say?
Wait,..hear me out.
In public and private life we are kept in our place thru fear and the possibility of sanction. If I park my car in the wrong place, I get a parking ticket( £60) If I steal from a shop, I get fined. If I punch a stranger in the street, I get done for assault. I think you get the drift. Yet if your youth steal from you, beats you up or brings unsavoury individual home there is no way for you to defend yourself or impose a sanction!
They know their rights so much that they use the police 999 service as their front door key once parents put their foot down and refuse them entry into the home they show such disdain for. All the above culprits such as the police,social-workers and government forget that in handicapping the parent, they are contributing to societal problems of anti-social behaviour. Studies have shown so-called disaffected youth who have gone on to stab and or killed another teenager can be traced back to such governmental hand-cuffing! Is it intentional? Am on to something? Is it a coincidence? Most of the 17 and more youth knifed in London over the last 10 months have been from the black community. In 60’s and 70’s America, the top 7 most black populated US states showed alarming rates of use of narcotics, prostitution and violence. No positive governmental intervention was forthcoming which in itself led to gangland warfare. Is there a case to be answered for intelligent ethnic cleansing. You get my drift,..let the fuckers kill themselves!
In an age of leisure where there is less work available and a growing elderly population, competition for the work available in the global work village is stiff. Positive parenting should be supported not be-smirked! In the African/Chinese and Indian home, there is a hierarchy of governance which works and brings forth model citizens who appreciate that choice is a matter of options.
These musings are the works of my views and my views only, I am not affiliated to anybody nor do I represent any organisation.
Remember: Runningwater cannot be stopped, It flows, it ebbs, its life fulfilling and necessary. Peace in the middle east!

No comments:

Post a Comment